To raise awareness of the college and the Further Education courses available.
- Provide a gateway for Blackburn College into 10 schools from the local area (East Lancashire) with projects linked to the National Curriculum
- To engage with students in a creative setting, using the tools of the radio industry and promote these commercial messages across local radio
- Develop a solution to increase student numbers and fill under-recruited courses
- Research and discuss Blackburn College, course content and the benefits of attending
- Experience work related learning to develop knowledge, skills and understanding
- Speaking and listening – often areas of the English curriculum which teachers find more challenging to address
- Gain hands-on experience of audio recording and editing, use of music and sound effectsto create a more engaging message
“This has been a fantastic opportunity for students in Lancashire to experience what it is like to produce a real life radio advert with industry professionals. It has also been a great opportunity for us to get to know and engage with local students.
St Augustine’s particularly impressed us with their detailed pitch; they had clearly done lots of research. They identified the key messages and made links to the website and social media channels very effectively. They understood their target audience of 16 to 18 year olds and parents too. It was extremely difficult to pick a winner because the standard was so high.”
Head of Marketing